I feel the Lord has been speaking a very particular word to my heart, especially since last week. “YOU be a comfort–YOU do the comforting,” was the message my heart received. And this week, I noticed a group of people who seemed absolutely destitute in many different ways. Was God preparing my heart to take particular notice of this group of people?
Then Sunday in church, we were given this awesome message which confirmed for me what I thought God had been speaking. The Pastor was finishing up the Book of Colossians with Colossians 4: 7-18. I will not try to give all the details of his message in this space. But here is the take-away from the program and notes. I feel this is right in line with what God has been speaking to my heart.
- Everyone needs encouragement(Colossians 4: 7-9, 11).
- Everyone needs a second chance (4:10b). A second chance ought not to be wasted. When you get a second chance, use it.
- Everyone needs to be affirmed (4:12-13).
- Everyone needs a little motivation (4:17).
- Everyone needs a small group (4: 7-8). Even Jesus needed a small group–He had twelve disciples. The Apostle Paul always had a small group of ministers with him in his travelling and ministering. the Pastor encouraged everyone to sign up and join a small group with the church “to do life with.”
And one of the final things the Pastor said was this (in my own words): “And when you go, you be ready to be those things to someone.”
I think I understand very clearly what God is telling me.
The Book of Colossians is an awesome book by the way. I hope you will take time to study it. Use a good, Biblical commentary as you do, and you will be blessed.